Mesotherapy is cosmetic treatment that is useful and beneficial for a number of cosmetic problems. It is used for facial and neck rejuvenation, plus cellulite treatment and body contouring. Mesotherapy is a non-invasive treatment, which involves injecting various Foods, and Drugs Association (FDA) approved medicines, vitamins and minerals into the skin. The areas that can be treated by Mesotherapy include the face, arms, legs, buttocks, back and abdomen. Mesotherapy is a painless procedure that does not cause any severe side effects. However, there are some temporary after effects of the treatment that subside within a short period of time. These side effects include:
- During the procedure, Mesotherapy causes a heating sensation on the treatment area that lasts for approximately 15 to 20 minutes only.
- Sometimes slight swelling, redness and discoloration occurs around the treatment area that is temporary and disappears in a couple of days.
- Itching, soreness and pain may also occur that resides after a few days.
It is important to mention that soreness and pain are considered normal side effects and is proof that Mesotherapy is actually working.
Mesotherapy for Skin Rejuvenation
Mesotherapy is commonly used for the purpose of skin rejuvenation and is also known as “Mesolift”. Mesotherapy – when used for skin rejuvenation – treats aging signs like wrinkles and damages due to environmental factors like sun damage. A Mesotherapy treatment makes the skin radiant, firm, glowing and youthful by removing pigmentation, scars, fine lines and wrinkles, marks and other damages of the skin. The procedure of Mesotherapy for skin rejuvenation includes injecting vitamins and antioxidants and other target specific solutions and components into the skin to revitalize the skin. Initially, the treatment involves a course of a few sessions, and after that, touch-up treatments are required only twice a year to maintain the results.
Mesotherapy for Body Contouring
Mesotherapy is the best non-invasive alternative of liposuction, as it effectively burns excessive fat without causing any discomfort or severe pain. Mesotherapy for fat removal – known as Mesosculpting – is becoming popular for people wanting to get rid of excessive fat. The procedure involves administering injections, which contain various formulas that melts the fat. The results of the treatment are permanent and the areas that can be targeted by this treatment are the flanks, saddlebags, inner thighs, arms, knees and double chin. Infrequent touch-up treatments may be required.
Mesotherapy for Cellulite
Cellulite is the dimply appearance of skin. More than 90 percent of women in the world suffer from this condition, even if they are slim, as cellulite is not caused by fat or being overweight. The areas of the body where cellulite appears are the hips, buttocks, and legs. This humpy and bumpy appearance of skin, can easily and effectively, be treated by Mesotherapy. This is because Mesotherapy effectively treats cellulite by improving the blood flow to the area that has cellulite, dissolving excessive fatty deposits, improving lymphatic drainage and removing fibrotic hardened connective tissues. This is achieved by injecting special formulas in the mesoderm – the layer of skin that has tissues and fat cells.
Mesotherapy for Hair Regrowth
Mesotherapy is also an effective treatment for hair regrowth. A lot of men and women in the world suffer from hair loss and it occurs due to a number of factors including, high levels of dihydrotestoterone (DHT), issues with nutrition and poor circulation. Mesotherapy for hair regrowth triggers hair follicles to regrow in the area where hair loss occurs by injecting specific medication or chemicals that stimulate follicles. The medicine that is most commonly used for this purpose is cortisone, which has proven to be effective for a number of cases.
Benefits of Mesotherapy
- Mesotherapy is a painless procedure, which does not cause any discomfort, except a stinging effect of injections, which can be minimized by applying aesthetic creams on the treatment area.
- As Mesotherapy does not involve any incisions or cuts, it does not cause any scarring and is the perfect option for those who don’t want to go under the knife.
- The treatment does not require any downtime.
- Mesotherapy requires very less time for healing, as it has minor side effects.
- A Mesotherapy treatment gives long lasting results and top up treatments help to maintain the results.